When you were younger, you waited on it because it meant you were growing up. When it finally came, you said, “Hooray! I’m a woman!”
When you were in high school, you waited on it because it meant the end of the year was coming. When it finally came, it was a cramp in your style, and it limited your activities at the lake.
When you were dating in college, you waited on it because it set your calendar. When it finally came, you said, “Thank God! Don’t have to get married yet!”
When you got married, you waited on it because you’re trying to plan your future. When it finally came, you said, “Not a family, yet!”
When you were trying to get pregnant, you waited on it to count your days. When it finally came, you said, “We’ll try again next month.”
When you thought you were pregnant, you waited on it, hoping it didn’t show up. When it never did, you said, “I’m gonna be a mom!”
When you have a toddler, you waited on it, hoping to spread your children out over a larger time frame. When it finally came, you said, “Thank God, we’re still a family of three!”
When your kids are all grown up, you wait on it, praying that you aren’t old enough, yet. When it finally comes, you say, “See, I’m not that old, yet! I’m still a young woman.”
When life is back to being simple, you wait on it because you don’t want it to come. When it finally stops coming, you say, “No more dealing with that anymore!”
And the cycle of life continues…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
very cute and true. men have NO IDEA...
No idea at all, they only know that for at least a week each month they have to deal with that inner demon of their sweet beloved.
Though I thoroughly enjoyed the 14 months of no monthly, I'll wait a while longer before attempting that again.
I still am in shock that you blogged about this....I just can't wait until I get the point in my life where I can confidently tell a doctor that I am no longer in need of those organs and to remove because they are no longer good to me....and then I'll be really really happy! :) (or not, because I really don't like doctors and I hate hospitals) :)
Post a Comment