Recently, I was accused of being a lazy slacker on my blog. I would like to admit my faults and apologize to those people that come here to check in on my life.
The reason I have been a little lacking on my site here is that I have been back to school working on my Master's classes again. We go Monday through Friday, from 8:30 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon. I don't like being there that long. But, oh well. I just keep reminding myself that I am getting paid to get my degree, and when it is all over, maybe I'll get a little more added to my paycheck just for having it. Somehow, though, I doubt it. We shall see.
Life around here is nonetheless going on, whether I'm here all day or gone. My mother-in-law came last week, and my mother was here this week, and now I'll have two weeks off to watch my child all by myself! :)
Micheal is walking now, and he's talking about anything he sees. I knew that I would have a smart little boy, but I didn't know what else I would be passing on to him. I studied all the other things that I would genetically be passing on to my child, but I never knew that anal-retentive genes were able to be passed down. Here's an example:
Micheal has these blocks. They're really like big Legos for babies to help their motor skills. Micheal worked on putting them together for a couple weeks, but then once he figured out how they worked, he really showed me how much I passed on this trait to him. His blocks are all red, green, blue, black and grey. They have lengths of one, two, three and four, and my child likes to put the red ones with the red ones and the blue ones with the blue ones. And don't even try to put a green two and two blue ones together. They don't match and he doesn't like them together! All I could think was how sorry I was for passing on such a pain of a trait. Of all the things I wanted my child to get from me, this was not one of them. All I could do was hug him and tell him how sorry I was. Oh well. I'll just do better at passing on other things, like what the colors are, and how to count the bumps on the blocks, and maybe we can salvage the learning capabilities from these things after all! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
walking children require a telephone call to close friends to say "he is totally mobile!"
just so you know.
dangit! I SWEAR I thought I had told you this little bit of info... please forgive me AGAIN!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I KNEW!!! :) For once the blood-related Aunt knows something first!!!!
Wow...this is such an odd and moving moment for me right now....I would like to thank the nosy little sister that still resides in my persona, the swimming pool in the backyard that calls my name from 20 miles away, oh, and my nephew, who still doesn't know my name, but already knows that I'm crazy!!! :) hehehe
Sorry....I hit the publish post twice!! Oops :)
Post a Comment