Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm a Big Wuss

Today my child had his one year old shots. Knowing that the point of the whole doctor visit was to inject potentially healing fluids into my little man's plump little thigh, I enlisted the strength of my husband. I say strength, and I initially meant strength in the definition of muscle usage, but then I realized I really meant that I also needed him to be the strong unnerved daddy for me, too.

I can't stand needles. I mean, yes, I have gone through labor, and I had the whole IV thing and epidural and all, but I didn't watch them put them in, so that was my saving grace. But, with my child, it's a whole different story! I can't watch him get his shots. I can't hold him because I'm not strong enough to hold him down without him moving. But, he did really well! The best part is that we don't have to go back for any more shots until he's 4 years old! I don't even want to think about that yet... HOLY COW!

But, I really am thankful that my child does well with his vaccinations, and I don't have to deal with any bad after effects. The worst thing that happens to him is that he gets a little hard bump on the spot where they get him. If that's all that happens, we can handle that! :)

Thank God my child deals with pain much better than I do! Like I said, I'm such a wuss!

No comments: