I am about three weeks away from having this large lump on my front reduce itself and come out into the real world. I will miss feeling the little movements, but not the ones where I feel like the baby is trying to bust out from the womb using feet instead of heading out the natural way. I will miss Micheal hugging up to my belly and talking to the baby, patting the baby, and telling the baby to be nice to Mommy. I will miss looking down and being in awe at the fact that God has chosen me as the vessel in which to grow this new life. And I am continuously amazed at how much this little thing that causes weird reactions in my body will be a fully formed baby by the end of the month.
This weekend, I actually felt that "cleaning bug" that they talk about as a "nesting". I think mine is just out of fear that in about three weeks, my mother and mother-in-law will be here, and I don't want them to think that I haven't done ANY cleaning in nine months, even though I really haven't.
I also went to the store and bought a new outfit for the baby. Last time, I didn't get smart, I bought a dress in case it was a girl, and a different outfit for a boy. The problem was that they were both white, and I learned that white isn't the color to choose for a brand new baby first picture. So, this time, I bought a pink one and a blue one. Whichever one we don't use, we'll take back. I almost bought an orange pumpkin one, but then I decided that IF we actually had this baby on Halloween, I'd send someone else out to get it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, huh?
So, now is when I need your help. It's been over three years since I had to plan to go to the hospital, and I can't remember those things that I should pack that I wouldn't have thought of. Can you help me remember what I need?
Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let's see....obvious things like camera, video camera, plenty of granny panties since you will have to wear the granny pads, make-up, maternity clothes to wear home. With Reid I actually thought I would be able to wear a real summer dress that I bought a few sizes bigger. BIG joke! I also took magazines and cards just in case we might want to do that during labor, but mine never lasted long enough. Get some new pajamas. Those you will actually be able to wear again and you will always remember the first time you wore them. Also, get a new lotion that you have never used before. Every time you smell it you will think of this baby being born and what a happy time it was. Hope this helps some!
This is what you sent me when I ask you about what a girl at work needs to bring...
"Basically she needs to make sure that she takes something to take a shower with, hair and body wash, and that if she picks a special scent, then that scent will remind her of her new baby every time she smells it afterward. I took my own pajamas and a robe, along with my own pillow, and definitely some comfortable socks or slippers. Don't forget the baby book so that visitors can sign in, or else she won't remember who she saw that day. The nighttime pads that are huge and cover from back to navel are the kind she's going to need for about two or three weeks afterward. And as dumb as it sounds, she may want to bring some make up, because pictures last a lifetime. Oh, whatever clothes she wants to wear going home should be very easy to put on and very comfortable. Anything elastic and stretchy is good.
She may also want something to read or listen to when she's all by herself, if only to block out all the rest of the noise in the hospital. I can't really think of anything else. If I do, I'll let you know."
Hope this jogs some memory! :)
your iPod, darling.
and fast food coupons so J can make a run for you after the EVENT. cell phone. list of people to call/text. i totally recommend texting friends, that way we can call as soon as we get a chance!
deoderant.
giant panties.
that is all. walmart is just across the street. :)
Post a Comment