Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finally here...

Well, the time has come...

My summer vacation weekend is this weekend, and I couldn't be more excited to get out of my house and away from this town! I've been so busy taking care of grandparents and family drama that I can't wait to get away from it for three and a half days! Hopefully, my vacation weekend will not involve too much of the other side's family drama, since I'm going to my cousin's wedding, whom we haven't seen in 13 years!
I don't think there will be drama, I just know that there will be more things to do than I know about so far, and I'm okay with that, because I'll be on vacation!
I'm so excited for my cousin, and excited to see her and her three sons, who I've never met, and her parents, who we saw about a year ago. Plus, I love weddings.
On top of all this, we get to fly over there, which means I'll be taking my three year old on an airplane! He's soooooo excited to fly in an airplane! We've been talking about it for two months, and he is just busting at the seams knowing that we leave tomorrow and fly out on Saturday! :) Of course, I don't know which one he's more excited about... flying on the airplane, or knowing that Grandmama will be there, too! He's so funny!
So, being as this is the first time I've flown with a child, any tips for this momma? We are bringing a cup for him so that he can pop his ears when we take off and land, but we'll have to buy the apple juice once we get to the airport and check in. We're taking his car seat, so that we can have a familiar one for the rental car, and because it's an hour flight and that's going to be the best way to keep him in his seat. I'm probably going to bring my iPod for him to listen to, and maybe even a portable DVD player so that he has something to look at while we wait to board and maybe even for the actual flight, I don't know. Anything that I've missed?

1 comment:

cthompson said...

Hey girl, take a bag with plenty of gum and coloring stuff. Maybe a couple of favorite toys. We took the girls on a plane and the gum really helped. Good luck, and have fun!