We have a bully living in our house.
I didn't know he was a bully at first. It took a little while for his true colors to finally emerge. But, this past week, I have officially seen the error of his ways.
Last week I noticed that his friend didn't feel very well, but I didn't think it would be so bad. Then, I woke up one morning and found that he hadn't survived the night.
Knowing that my child would notice if there was a friend missing from our house, I decided to replace the fallen friend with a similar friend.
The only problem was that the bully didn't like the new friend.
So, he picked on him and picked on him and wouldn't let him eat, and three and a half hours later, our newest friend was no longer among the living. I guess when the bully decided that he didn't like the new friend, he didn't take any time to execute his decision.
I wasn't really ready to discuss the topic of death with my child yet, but I guess the bully decided for me.
Poor little goldfish.
Update:
Yesterday afternoon, we had another loss in the family. Another one bites the dust... so today we'll get two different fish, I guess...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment