When I was growing up, we were outside a lot, and my dad never had enough hair to cover all over the top of his head. Thus, he had a couple of sunburns… and when there are sunburns, there are days of peeling. My mother is a meticulous woman who also has a thing for peeling skin. My dad wasn’t the only one that she would attack, either. All of us were susceptible to her peeling fingers. Lots of people think that peeling skin is disgusting, but my mom and I think of it as a challenge, to see who can get the biggest piece off without breaking it. My sister didn’t really like it, nor did my daddy, but I took after my mother. And in fact, my mother and I would fight over who would get to peel the burnt one first.
But, now, I’ve moved out of my parents’ house and am at home almost all by myself, with no one in my house that thinks like my mother and me. My husband is of the camp that thinks it’s disgusting, and my son isn’t old enough to know how to help.
The worst part is that I got burnt last week, and I started peeling the other day. I had to call my mom, because my husband wouldn’t peel my back, and I couldn’t reach all the spots that were coming off in sheets. Then my lower back started peeling yesterday. I still can’t reach all the spots that are itching. Little Micheal is trying to help me, but he gets bored too easily, and doesn’t know how to get the big pieces off, just the little ones. Oh well.
Anybody else know how to get the layers off?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel your pain! I too think of it as a challenge to get the biggest piece peeled off without a tear! My mom used to enjoy this as well, but her enthusiasm has since wained...=(
maybe it is the pregnancy, but i had to gag my way through this post.
and i am a peeler, too! must've been the part about sloughing your skin off in the sheets.
I am a peel lover too. Ritchie, not so much. I would like to add also that I have come back to the blogging world! I just completed my newest blog and promise to keep it up now that I have a computer at home with lightning speed internet.
Post a Comment