A little rant...
My most hated question right now is "Was this baby planned?"
What the heck is it anybody's business if this pregnancy was planned like this or not? Who said that they have the right to ask a question like that? The timing of this pregnancy may not fit exactly into a teacher's perfect schedule, but why do I have to stick to what every other teacher thinks I should do? Plenty of women have babies every day of the year, teachers included. My favorite was a man that looked at me after I told him my due date and said,"So, you're going to start a new job, then a month later go have a baby? That wasn't good planning, was it?" Excuse me? What the heck? God planned every bit of this, the rest of them can shut up.
A little lesson learned...
Today, I was out running errands and had to stop at Starbuck's to get a few gift certificates, and while I was there, I figured I would get a little something for myself, too, since I was out and about anyway. I didn't even finish it, but I have been paying for it all day long. I've had the worst headache, my belly is sore, and I just plain feel like crap. This sucks. I guess I won't be doing that again for a while.
A little smile...
Tuesday we had the doctor's appointment where I had an ultrasound. As agreed, we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby, and we told our doctor as such. He was really good about keeping our wish last time with Micheal, and we knew he'd be just as good this time. Last time, though, he took a sneak peak and knew that Micheal was a boy without telling us. He was going to try to do the same this time, so he said, so that if we changed our minds later, he would be able to tell us. We laughed, because we didn't change our minds last time, why would we change this time? Anyway, we are watching the screen with our new baby on it, and we notice that the doctor didn't tell us that he knew the sex of the baby at all. At about that time, he tells us that this baby doesn't want us to know whether we're having a boy or girl, either, because for some reason of unknown modesty, my child decided to keep his/her knees tightly shut together the entire time, not letting anybody see anything. At one point, the baby even put a hand down at his/her feet, as if to put one more bone between us and the one part that would tell us whether we were having a boy or a girl. It makes me smile. The doctor told us that his rule was that if the momma didn't know, then no one would know, but he doesn't usually include himself in that ruling. For whatever reason, though, our secret is still a secret, just like we wanted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment