Friday, June 15, 2007

To My Sister...

When my sister moved back home to start her new job, I was so overcome with emotions, pride for her, and fear that she'd never come back, all at the same time. The only way I could let her know exactly how I felt about her was to write it down. I can't remember if I have shared this with you before, but it's good enough to share again.
Why, you ask? Today is my sister's birthday, and today is the day to celebrate all that is about her. So, here it is:



To My Sister,

You are my family, you are my sister, you are my best friend.

You have yelled at me, cried with me, and laughed together afterward.

You understand my frustrations, and I don’t test your boundaries.

You support me, and I support you, even when we don’t necessarily agree.

As you step into the next chapter of your life, I thank you for sharing this chapter with me, and I want to remind you that no matter where you go, no matter what we do, no matter how far apart or close together we are,

You are my family, my sister, and my best friend.

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow…


I love you!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER! Go there and wish her a happy day!

No comments: