Now I know why I never used to have indoor plants... because they bring all these gnats that I can't seem to make go away. They follow me around the house like I haven't bathed or something, even though that's about the only thing that I make sure gets done every day.
Now I know why I never wanted to have an inside pet, either. I already don't know what to do about these fish. Why does their water get cloudy every two days? Am I doing something wrong?
Now I know why my husband taught me how to crank the generator that he bought after the hurricane came through and left us powerless for a week. Because when he left very early yesterday morning for a week long school in the middle of nowhere, he didn't know that a storm would come through and knock out our power for eight and a half hours.
Now I know why I don't like knowing that my husband won't be coming home for a week... it makes every noise in the house sound ten times louder. And when you live in the middle of nowhere, and the dog that wandered up a few months ago barks at anything that moves in the moonlight, it makes it a little bit scarier. But, I'm a big girl, right? Just lock all the doors and close all the window shades.
Now I know why I'm not a stay at home mom... I like to have a schedule to keep. Otherwise, the only thing that really matters on my to-do list is a shower and keep the toys from being layering too much on the living room floor. I've got to have a schedule. Maybe I should do that. Schedule my day of nothingness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ouch!
staying at home is work, I promise! Especially once you have two kids. We have a schedule, though loose, because the kids need it to function in a sane manner.
The more time you're home, the more you'll figure out a schedule and things to do.
I didn't mean any disrespect for those mothers that do stay at home... I was being grouchy. I hope you can forgive me!
I know that being home is work... that's why I can't do it. I opt out. And pay out the wahzoo for it, too!
And with two, I can't imagine that... yet.
Post a Comment