Sunday, December 10, 2006

Love and Hate

On our way out for a quick road trip this morning, my hubby and I started out the morning getting a quick bite to eat on the road. While sitting there, I watched a man pull up in his car, smoking his cigarette. Instead of finishing his cigarette in the car and then putting it in his ashtray, he got out of the car, puffed a little more, and then threw it on the ground and stamped it out. Even though there was also an ashtray right in front of the door that he was about to go in through. Frustrating. I can't stand that. Why dirty my world just because you're too lazy to dispose of your own trash?
Now, I'm not a smoker, never have been, and never will be. Maybe that's why that kind of thing really gets under my skin so easily. Anyway, not the moral of the story today.

So, hubby and I met up with family friends at their house to share a Christmas dinner a little early, two hours away from our house, minus one child. He was already at Grandma's house and was going to meet us there, so it was a fun drive for just the two of us. It's neat how sometimes you forget what you have to talk about without your child around. And then when you have two hours alone together in a confined space, without the TV or child, or telephone or anything else to interrupt you, you can fall in love with the man you know as the father of your child, or the love of your life and somehow forget that he isn't just another child or a roommate. I'm so glad that today we had the chance to reconnect once again on an adult level, not just a connection of what the week holds in store for you and your child. If you haven't talked to your spouse lately, and I mean really talk, then you should do that very soon. Everyone likes to feel loved.

No comments: