It pours.
My cup runneth over, and not in a good way today. Beware that this post may seem to be a little whiney, which I apologize for, but I just had to get it out before I whined to my husband and made his day even worse. If this bothers you, you are in no way required to stay and listen.
First, the day before we went away on vacation, our hot water heater went out and we had to fork over money to buy a newer, bigger one.
Second, while we were away, my husband decides that the tires on my car are so worn out that it would be dangerous to drive anymore on them at all, and we have to replace them now.
Third, we went away the next weekend for my reunion and came back to a heated house, to which we immediately called the AC repair guy to come fix it. The next day, it was fixed.
Fourth, my tooth starting hurting, so I went to the dentist and found out I needed a root canal. Yeah. After the root canal, they tell me that now I need a crown. One appointment after another, and now I have a temporary, with another appointment coming in about three weeks to put the crown on. Argh.
Fifth, last night I was on the phone with a friend who needed some advice and a little something to get her mind off of crying, when the lights all blinked, and suddenly, she couldn't hear me on the phone anymore. In fact, I can't dial out on that phone, either. It's not the phone line, just the phones. Argh. So, I pulled out the corded one that we keep for when the power goes out, and that's all we have now. Why did I sell the phone in the garage sale last week again?
Sixth, while my husband was installing door chains on all our doors, he also decided to put one on the sliding glass door at the back, and ended up finding out that the glass goes farther into the edge than he thought. So, the glass busted and now we look like hurricane expectees, with duct tape all over the window, waiting for it to all fall into my kitchen floor. While calling to find out how to replace the glass, I'm finding out that to only replace the double-paned glass will cost just as much as it would cost to replace the entire set of doors. So, what to do? For now, Micheal is banned from going in the kitchen, because the one minute he goes near the door is the minute that all the glass is going to fall out. It's hard to keep a two-year-old out of the kitchen and away from the door that he plays near the most. Double argh.
When it rains, it pours. I wish it would pour money instead of debt. This bites. And I have to go back to school and deal with a new batch of freshmen in four days. Well, the freshmen won't be there that soon, but it's still soon enough.
Anyway. Rant is over. Thanks for letting me vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh no! wow, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot!
A root canal!?! ouch! I hate going to the dentist- I always put it off longer than I should! A friend of mine recently had a root canal and in the middle of the procedure it really really started hurting. When she told the dentist that he just said to her "oh, that's ok, it's almost over." Except that it wasn't! I'm not sure if this is typical for root canals, but it sounds scary!
I feel your pain! Okay, not literally, but I certainly understand the pain of money being shelled out. This is the biggest year of expenses for us ever! One right after the other.
poor michelle! it does pour (poor) doesn't it?
Post a Comment