Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's Not November

Due to financial constraints lately, our budget has been stretched pretty thin, even though there are still mouths to feed, and not a lot of money to go buy loads of food. So, I decided to get creative with what we had in the pantry and freezer.
Every year, our school gives us a certificate for a turkey for Christmas. So, we usually use it at the time they have the buy-a-turkey-get-a-ham sale. Then, the husband got a turkey given to him last year, too. So, now we have too many turkeys and not enough holidays to eat them.
So, this week I decided to cook one. My thought is that it will be a really good dinner, and then it will be really good leftovers for the rest of the week. I can think of lots of things to do with turkey... sandwiches, on top of bread, with rice... lots of things...

Anyone have any other ideas of what to do with my leftovers?

2 comments:

Jennboree said...

Can you mash it all up into a weenie for a turkey dog?

Michelle said...

that would be something to try, if I had some casing to keep it together in... and I don't keep that on hand.