Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Color of Envy

Yes, that is the color of my pool right now.
A week ago, there was no sound coming from my pool in the afternoon. That may be not so bad to some of you, except that no sound meant no pump. No pump means no moving water, which now means that the pool is "broken." So, I spent all day calling pool places, and then finally found what I needed cheaper online, so I ordered it, and am still waiting. A certain delivery service that has ground and air and other options is not as good at keeping up their website as a certain brown delivery service. So, I had to call. And now I find out that it won't be here until tomorrow. Argh.
So now, I am green with envy that other people can go outside and cool off, and I can't. Darn.
That's okay... I have a whole list of things that I want to get done this summer, even though one of them is getting a tan... I guess I can get the inside things done. Wish me luck, I'm going after all the spider webs first. Hope your summer is going better that mine so far!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Ewww...green!!! You say green, but what shade are we talking about here...green like the light color that our hair would turn if we didn't wash it right after swimming...or green like the it needs a good scrub because there is something growing that shouldn't be...green like a lake with fish swimming in it...or green like Great-Aunt Gerdie's Pool was for that one family reunion!!! :) Hope it's not that bad!

Michelle said...

Green like it needs a whole lot of chemicals and a new pump to distribute them, and then a good scrub... not as green as the pool at Gertie's... Thank God! You gonna help me do the scrubbing?

Melinda said...

Aaaa...let me see here....no! :) Maybe you can talk Mom into it! :)