Not that anyone really cares, but I hate rain.
I mean, I REALLY HATE RAIN!
I haven't always had such an aversion to this aspect of the weather cycle, but ever since we moved into this new house, my angst has grown. Why? You may ask... It's simple really.
At our previous house, there was a carport in which I pulled into, and it made it very simple to get from the car to the house without so much as a mention of the wet stuff. It was really nice when I had a baby and groceries and such so that the back door of the house was literally a foot or so away from the car. No wetness, no problems.
But then, we moved into this house. Don't get me wrong, I love our new house! It is more than twice the size of the old one, and it has so many things that the old house didn't have (like a pool and more closet space, very important things). But, our old house kicks this house's butt when it comes to convenience of getting in and out of the aforementioned abode.
There is no carport, or even any kind of covered parking... there isn't even a covered walkway to either the front or back door. This makes it very difficult to stay dry when you are trying to get the baby out of the car, too, and you feel like you've taken another shower when you're finally done getting the groceries into the house!
My wonderful husband, who is not engineering-inclined, has decided that if someone can't build what he wants for us, he'll build it himself... it just might take a little longer. What kind of crap is that? Oh wait, that wasn't supposed to be said... sorry.
The other option is to try to pull the car as close to the front door as possible, so that all you have is a few feet to get under the porch. The problem with that is that the front yard gets pretty mushy with just a little bit of rain, and with the amounts of rain we've been having, it would be like lawn homicide to try to park in front of it now. Not to mention, I might have a mudding incident similar to my sister's if I wasn't careful, and I really don't feel like mudding in my front yard.
So, I keep my thoughts to myself, kinda, and then I get frustrated and wet, and then we wait until it stops raining and forget about the wetness and enjoy the rest of the good things about the house... like it's ability to grow really big spiders that make really big webs. Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment