Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Thankful Thoughts

Today I read an e-mail that was about being thankful for the things that annoy us because it means we have something that others may not. So, I wanted to make my list of things that I am thankful for as well...

I am thankful for the alarm that woke me up this morning, because it means I get another day on this Earth.

I am thankful for the chicken truck driver that tried to run me off the road on my way to work this morning, because it means that I'll be able to have chicken fajitas when I go to dinner.

I am thankful for the children that were rude to me this morning in the gym, because it means that they care enough to talk to me.

I am thankful for the complaints from students this morning about how hard the homework was last night, because it means that they actually tried it, and probably got it right.

I am thankful for the stack of papers on my desk that I am avoiding grading because it means that I don't have to force kids to care about their grades.

I am thankful for the bell that is about to ring, because it means that I won't have to keep the same kids all day long.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I am thankful for:
My sister, who will alway call during the middle of a tv show because she cares :)
My puppy, who not matter how much you show her and how long you live in one place will always get herself wrapped around the stupid bush outside, because she doesn't like to be alone...and
My little house because no matter how dirty it may get, it takes less than a day to clean it up!! :)
Have a great day, shellbell!! bye