Friday, September 05, 2008

Growing Up...

He wants to talk on the phone, and he has inherited the gift of gab. He takes the phone and walks around in circles while he tells the other half of the conversation anything that comes into his ever-moving brain. And when he’s done talking, he says, “Okay. I love you. Bye.” And hands over the phone to the nearest adult.

Yesterday, I called home and he told me that you’re not supposed to cross the big black lines on the picture when you’re coloring. He told me that if you did cross the black lines, then it was just “scribble scrabble.” I literally had tears in my eyes, thinking about how big my little boy is getting. Tomorrow I’m going to wake up and he’ll be graduating from kindergarten, and then going to high school, and then moving out. I can’t believe it!

Little Bit is getting bigger, too. She apparently won’t let anyone else have any food that she can’t have. And she’ll get it from them, too! Yesterday at daycare she ate a blueberry muffin when everyone else ate breakfast, and then the two jars of baby food she always eats. Then for lunch, she ate spaghetti like everyone else, along with the regular two jars of baby food afterward. After she finally took a little bit of a nap, she ate some crackers and cheese while waiting on me to get there. The silly part is that she still hasn’t gained much weight. I have no idea where she puts it all after it goes into her mouth. The lady at daycare says she knows… she changes the diapers.

1 comment:

Allison said...

*sigh* I hate thinking about quickly they grow into 'big girls/boys'. Hehe... that poor daycare lady. ;)