I'm going bald. My hair is coming out by the fistfuls. When I wash my hair and run my fingers through my hair to get all the soap out, I have to wash my hands of all the hair that came out with it. It's really gross. I'm really wondering what the deal is. I am still nursing my little girl, but I nursed Micheal until he was 10 months old, and Rebecca is only 9 months. I don't remember this last go around. Luckily, it's just an all over general thinning instead of one specific spot. Stupidly, I mentioned my fear to my husband. His response was that he would still love me... even when I'm old, fat and bald. How sweet. Wait a minute! Did I say anything about my age or weight? No, I just told him about my hair!?! What is he implying? Argh.
This conversation was followed up a few days later when we were shopping for some new pants for him. I happened to see a cute shirt on sale, so I tried it on. Here is the conversation:
Me: What do you think?
Him: (eyes locked on my chest) I like that shirt.
Me: Hey, does the design around the bottom make my butt look big?
Him: Not any more than usual.
Me: Gee, thanks dear.
Him: Well, that's why we're working out now, so that it will get smaller again.
A week later, he swore that he didn't remember that conversation, and agreed with me that it wasn't the most loving comment he could have made. That didn't stop him from giving me a hard time about anything else, though.
That's the key to a great marriage, right? Great communication!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You literally had me laughing out loud reading this. Ha! Just open your mouth dear and I'll help you insert your foot. :) Congrats on your daughter, I havent seen you since our chance meeting at Walmart many many moons ago.
Post a Comment